2016 CHEVROLET IMPALA LIMITED POLICE VEHICLE
IS A CAPABLE, ACCOMPLISHED PERFORMER
With proven credentials, the Chevrolet Impala Limited Police Vehicle maintains its reputation as an efficient performer in the field. The Impala Limited has a standard 3.6L V-6 that delivers 302 horsepower (225 kW), an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg city / 28 mpg highway and many features that effectively aid law enforcement officers on the job.
Impala Limited’s efficiency is matched with strong performance:
- 0-60 time of 7.67 seconds
- 0-100 time of 19.4 seconds
- Quarter-mile time of 15.98 seconds
- Top speed of 149 mph.
For 2016, the Impala Limited Police Vehicle is available in police patrol (9C1) or undercover police packages (9C3). It combines large-car utility with midsize agility, along with power, roominess and style. Police-specific equipment includes battery run-down protection and special electrical wiring harnesses. StabiliTrak stability control is standard and includes performance mode and traction control.
Additional vehicle highlights include:
- Front cloth bucket seats, with space between seats for police equipment
- 140-mph certified analog speedometer and driver information center
- 170-amp high-output alternator
- 100-amp ignition-controlled main power supply under dash and in trunk
- Seventeen-inch steel wheels with high-speed-rated Goodyear tires.
- Daytime running lamps and automatic headlamps are standard (but can be deleted)
- Flashing light system for headlamps and taillamps is available
- Spotlamps and spotlamp provisions are available
- Exterior color choices: Black, Summit White, Silver Ice Metallic and Ashen Gray Metallic.
- Bucket seats with high-density foam, six-way power adjustment and seatback security panel
- Vinyl rear seat
- Air conditioning is standard
- AM/FM stereo with CD player is standard
- Inoperable inside rear door handles, door locks and windows are available
- Cruise control is standard
- Common fleet key system is available
- “Certified” speedometer is standard
- Flashing trunk lid warning lamps are available
- Auxiliary dome light is available
- Dome light and courtesy light made inoperative are available
- Remote keyless entry is standard
- Remote vehicle starting system is available
- Lamp, horn and siren wiring packages are available
- Jet Black is the standard interior color.
The Impala Police is powered by the LFX-code 3.6L V-6, which is rated at 302 horsepower (225 kW). It is a 60-degree design, with the cylinder block and cylinder heads cast in aluminum for low weight. A forged steel crankshaft provides optimal strength in the bottom end, while the cylinder heads include four valves per cylinder, with a dual overhead camshaft design incorporating infinitely variable cam phasing.
Optimized-flow fuel injectors and the integrated exhaust manifolds/cylinder heads promote lower emissions. The LFX’s composite intake manifold also has a comparatively small radiated surface area to help it maintain excellent noise and vibration characteristics that are comparable to an aluminum manifold.
The 3.6L engine is backed by a six-speed automatic transmission that is performance-calibrated for police duty.
Additional powertrain and vehicle system features include:
- 2.44 axle ratio
- 170-amp high-output alternator
- Engine oil, transmission and power steering coolers
- Seventeen-inch wheels with Goodyear P235/55R17 W rated tires.
Excellent vehicle handling is assured by Impala's four-wheel independent suspension featuring reinforced front struts, a reinforced aluminum engine cradle and heavy-duty front and rear stabilizer bars. The Impala Police car is equipped with four-wheel disc brakes with police-calibrated anti-lock and heavy-duty front brake pads.